Over the years at Contender Bicycles, we’ve helped many a friend and customer sell their current bike in order to use that money towards the purchase of a new bike. For the last few years we have had a trade in program but we are now taking it to another level partnering with BicycleBlueBook.com.
In three easy steps, you’ll be on your way to riding out the door on your next dream bike.
Here is more information about the program:
- In order to ensure that you are the owner of the bike, you will need to provide a state issued ID or passport. Additionally we require a signed declaration (provided by Contender Bicycles) declaring that you are the legal outright owner of the bike.
- There might be a deduction from your trade-in value for bikes in need of cleaning, service and/or parts in order for the bike to be in sellable condition.
- If you are not within driving distance to Contender Bicycles, you can always ship your bike to the shop. Prior to shipping, the database can give you an estimate of where the value of the bike might fall. However, we need to evaluate the bicycle in person to determine any damage and wear and tear for the final valuation of your bike.
- For bikes that are not in the database, we will need 48 hours to receive a valuation from BicycleBlueBook.com. Please note that some bikes may not qualify for resale and are not eligible for this program.
- If you are trading in a bike with electronic components, you will also need to provide your charger.
- Unfortunately, tandems are not included in this program.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the shop at 801.364.0344.