Fizik Antares Versus Evo R1 Adaptive Saddle
The Fizik Antares Versus Evo R1 Adaptive Saddle brings the ultimate in comfort with a plush 3D printed cushion that keeps you cool where it counts with maximum air flow.
The evolution of digital 3D printing allowed us to develop a new saddle without the constraints or limitations imposed by traditional production methods and materials. The Adaptive saddle padding is crafted by Carbon using its revolutionary Digital Light Synthesis technology. DLS is an additive manufacturing process which uses digital ultraviolet light projection, oxygen permeable optics, and programmable liquid resins to produce parts with excellent mechanical properties, resolution and surface finish.
Using Carbon technology, biomechanists and engineers have an unprecedented possibility: to design and manufacture multiple functional zones within the saddle, tuning each of them separately for specific mechanical properties. Each of these key functional zones is engineered with a distinctive cushioning and mechanical response, joined together progressively and seamlessly in the same padding.
- Adaptive: Carbon® Digital Light Synthesis™ 3D printing technology, offering seamlessly engineered zonal cushioning
- Versus Evo: Engineered with a degree of flexibilty and a full channel design for pressure relief on soft tissue area
- R1: A combination of a ride compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and a highly stiff carbon rail
- Intended use: road racing
- Concepts: this is a product of the fizik Concepts programme, a cross-disciplinary collaboration of leading industry experts and academics carrying out research and analysis on technology, design, physiology and bikefitting in search of ways to improve cycling performance.