Tour de France Competition 2019
WEEK ONE STAGE ANNOUNCEMENT HERE WEEK TWO STAGE ANNOUNCEMENT HERE WEEK THREE STAGE ANNOUNCEMENT HERE Traditionally, our Tour de France competition has been one of chance. The competition asked participants for eight ProTour riders who they thought would win stages and jerseys at the Tour and to pool them together as a team. This year, we decided to turn our Tour de France competition on its head. With a more inclusive competition and more prizes, there’s really no reason to not throw your hat in the ring in celebration of one of cycling’s most prestigious grand tours of the year. Here’s the idea:
- Our Tour de France competition will be split into three weeks with three different competitions, each week will have a separate prize pack. Riders will have the opportunity to have up to two entries per week toward the weekly prize pack.
- Each week, we will post three different photos and their Tour de France-inspired locations to our blog and social media outlets; two in Salt Lake City, and one in Park City. Riders will have a choice of three pre-decided locations to take photos at but can submit a maximum of two entries per week. These photo submissions count as entries toward the weekly prize pack. One photo = one entry.
- Entries are pooled together at the end of each week, and one entry is chosen at random to win a prize pack.
- At the end of the Tour de France, all submissions will be pooled together for our finale prize pack. This will be the best prize pack of them all, so it pays to keep up with two submissions each week!
- To have a submission, riders must take a photo of their bike in the same location as our example photo dictates. Submission photos should have the same subject and focus as the example photo, though the overall photo does not have to be exactly the same.
- Post your photo submissions to Instagram using the hashtags #contenderbicycles AND #contendertdf, or send them via email to Alvin at email@example.com.
- July 8th - Week One Stage announcement.
- July 15th - Week Two stage announcement, and Week One winner.
- July 22nd - Week Three stage announcement, Week Two winner.
- July 29th - Week Three winner, Overall winner, event recap, best photo winner.