Giro Ethos MIPS Helmet
Whether you're a full-on bike commuter, running the kids to school on your e-cargo bike, or simply looking for added visibility as you ride around town, the Ethos Mips is a step forward in safety, comfort, and functionality. Integrated and fully rechargeable front and rear LED lights not only help you be seen but also let you clearly broadcast your intended path to other road users.
Every Ethos helmet features white LED lights at the front and red at the rear. Both change to amber for turn signal functionality and are all controlled via an intuitive, low-profile handlebar remote. This feature alone could make the Giro Ethos helmet one of the safest bike helmets. But it goes even further.
The Ethos features MIPS technology to help reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to a rider’s brain in certain impacts. Further safety enhancements include reflective threads woven into the helmet straps for further increased visibility and full coverage around the back of the ears and rear of the head.
Comfort is key with any helmet and the lightweight Ethos is no exception. Airflow is handled by a generous 12 vents that extend front to rear as well as internal air channeling. Giro’s Roc Loc City Fit System features an easy-to-use rubberized dial and provides three positions of vertical adjustability and a 6cm fit range to make for a perfect fit for daily use.
- Estimated run-time: 10 hours in low-blink mode
- 5 hours in the high-blink mode
- Light output: Low-blink mode 25 lumens front/15 lumens rear, High-blink mode 45 lumens front/30 lumens rear, Low solid mode 25 lumens front/10 lumens rear, High solid 40 lumens front/25 lumens rear
- Charging Port: USB Type-C
- The helmet and remote can be fully charged in just 2 hours and 1 hour, respectively.
- Weight: 485g as measured in size M